Thursday, August 1, 2019

Claudia's Blog Post

Struggling to restrain the turmoil inside
You may rejoice, I must mourn
Confused, indifferent,  numb
In her tomb by the sounding sea.

You may rejoice, I must mourn
Dead to everything but torturing anxieties and horrible despair
Confused, indifferent, numb
Only a cloak to hide the heart of a viper.

Dead to everything but torturing anxieties and horrible despair
The faces of those who felt empty
Only a cloak to hide the heart of a viper
He labors, sleeps, and wakes and counts the seasons as they change, and grows old

The faces of those who felt empty
Confused, indifferent, numb
He labors, sleeps and wakes and counts the seasons as they change, and grows old
Struggling to restrain the turmoil inside.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful selection of lines here; they all fit together perfectly to enforce a single theme. The ‘indifferent, numb’ sensation is reinforced with the empty faces, the counting of seasons, and the lifeless state of being ‘dead to everything’. I also like how there are four references to the subject, the one feeling this woe, different each time, with the personal ‘I’ of the narrator, the ‘he’ and ‘she’ of the spectrum of humanity, and ‘those’, which perhaps encompasses them all; the rest of the lines, which serve to describe the subject, connect perfectly to these. The last two lines in particular flow beautifully, as though they could have been united in their original state (and then with their two predecessors, the adjectives flow from empty to confused, forming a series with a common theme). I must say I love the bookending lines, ‘struggling to retain the turmoil inside’; it’s a beautiful phrase, and one that encompasses the emotion, the internal turmoil, shown throughout the rest of the poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is somewhat fantastic, and yet check out the advice at this treat. Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m going to read this. I’ll be sure to come back. thanks for sharing. and also This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. this is very nice one and gives indepth information. thanks for this nice article... blog comment

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very useful info. Hope to see more posts soon!. Do follow backlinks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post. I was always checking this blog, and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part, I care for such information a lot. I was exploring this particular info for a long time. Thanks to this blog my exploration has ended. link building

    ReplyDelete