Friday, August 2, 2019

Asiyah's Blog Post

Why do bad things happen to good people? It was the question that been wandering my mind. And to believe that only two weeks ago I was so happy. But now I'm just stuck in my bed wondering why. 

Two Week Ago…

“Yo that was crazy. I would’ve never expected that Adelaide was the real tethered the whole time!” Nova said the excitement clear in her voice. We had just finished watching Us and were now leaving the movie theater and walking back to the car. I place my hands in the pocket of my windbreaker jacket as I listen to Nova go on about the movie.

“It’s official Jordan Peele is a genius!” She said clasping her hand together with a big smile. I just stare at her like she was crazy. She turned to me and asked “What?” Her smiling face turned to a confused one. I just shook my head.

“Nothing you’re just a weirdo. It was a good movie and all, but why are you so passionate? Like sis you need to bring it down a couple of notches.” I said. We both just stared at each other before busting out laughing. 

“Ok, ok I will give you that. I was a little on the hyper side.” She said with a shrug of her shoulders. “A little! Girl you been talking my ear off since the movie shut off.” I said looking at her like she was crazy.  Nova just glared at me which cause me to laugh and she join in soon after.

That was our friendship for you. Nova was the happy one who got passionate over the littlest thing. Everything and everyone made her happy because she felt like they each have or had a purpose in her life in making it as wonderful as it is. While I was the more chill one who was content with the little thing but just kept it pushing. Never stopping to smell the roses just kept it moving with my eyes on the prize. But even though we were totally opposites we were best friends and have been since the sixth grade. 

“Hey you want to get something to eat?” Nova asked. “Yeah let get five guys I want a milkshake.” I said. We hopped in Nova’s car. I turn on the radio bopping my head along to song I like and change the station when I didn’t. Nova and I making small talk here and there. We pulled up, got our food, and just got sat in the car and ate until we finish.
Nova started the car the radio started playing Money by Cardi B. “Oh this my song Money, Money, Money.” I sang and rap along to ever word. Nova just laughed look at me from the corner of her eye. The reason why was because and I mean this Nova was a perfect driver. She always kept her eyes on the road, both hands on the steering wheel, never speed, and not only that she passes her driver test on the first try. It took me three. 
We pulled up to a red light. Just laughing and singing along with the radio. The light turned green. We started driving again just for the blaring lights of an incoming car headlights to collide right into us. Now it was just darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment