Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Project Write - Day 1 - Pantoum Poems!

Hello Project Write friends, family and fans!

We kicked off our 2018 summer camp today with a visit to the Liberty Bell and a Pantoum Poem activity. A pantoum poem is a type of found poem. In our case, students blended lines they read in the Liberty Bell Center with phrases and comments they overheard from other guests and visitors. The 'found' lines were then arranged into 4-stanza poems following a specific set of guidelines. Check out our writers' work and I think you'll agree that they created some powerful pieces!




2 comments:

  1. Each year I look forward to the Project Write Blog. Each of the Project Write authors opens my eyes and my mind to a new way of looking at things. You help me question things in a good way. I especially like the Pantoum Poems. They take common words and use them in an uncommon way. Like any good artist, you take what I see (or hear) every day and make me look at (or listen to) it TODAY. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pantoum poems are filled with poignancy and ring true with needed words of our time. (excuse the pun!)
    These young poets have expressed themselves, and have found a voice through this poetry. This voice leads to action. I have faith in our future!
    Thank-you, young writers and thinkers.
    Grade three teacher

    ReplyDelete