Friday, July 26, 2019

Cora's Blog Post

This is Friendship

I need you here with me
With you is my favorite place to be 

We root for each other with every step
I hope you know I’m always grateful

This friendship blossoms through every day, I promise it will never wilt
Roads weren’t made to walk alone

We take our time and smell the flowers, a symbol of our bond
Fragile and sweet and never ending

We’ll always be the first
To see us through it all

Three of us together forever
All remaining ceaselessly thankful

Endless support from every member
Of this sacred league

One thing I know to be especially true
You also need me there with you

5 comments:

  1. This poem on friendship made me think of three of my friends. We hang out together and love going to the theater, shopping, and commiserating over both the profound and mundane in life. Your use of phrases like sacred league, friendship blossoms, fragile and sweet, and roads not meant to walk alone capture the essence of friendship for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate that the first and last lines act as bookends because they're mirror images of each other. They also communicate that this is a friendship of give-and-take, of support where everyone benefits instead of being skewed too far in one direction.
    There's a strong sense of movement because you reference taking steps and walking down roads. When coupled with the references to blossoming and smelling flowers, the overall tone is a heartwarming one of growth. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the description of friendship as a "sacred league." That speaks to me of the type of bond that endures time and space, and it differentiates it from friendships that are sort of transient.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved this poem. I found how it sounded like an indie song to be quite nice. The topic of how it shows a special bond through friendship instead of love and a relationship.

    -Cora's best friend

    P.s. I know this is about me

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a tender and heartfelt poem, I really enjoyed it! I think your extended metaphor of the flower as friendship works really well; I especially liked the contrast you provoked between beauty/fragility. I also feel like the end of your poem is very insightful; that the true beauty and power of friendship comes from equality, a give and take.

    ReplyDelete