Saturday, July 23, 2022

Emma's Blog Post

Wanting, working, whisked away,
A hot and heated summer day.
When all too quick the sky turned gray.

My smile fleeted, fading to a frown
A mighty boom came crashing down,
Devouring the heated town.

I stood for a moment still
The rain, the breeze, came over to the hole to fill
but then my heart, it felt a chill.

The pitter patter, titter tatter
All that clatter, 
Made my hopes all scatter

For within that time, I had forgotten
If I did not bury it, it would turn rotten.
The corpse I wrapped in scarves of cotton.

But then, my heart again it froze
As behind me, he rose.
A breath down my back, as a fate for me he chose.

3 comments:

  1. I like how it changes from happiness to sadness to fear so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stanza with "The pitter patter, titter tatter/All that clatter, /Made my hopes all scatter" reminded me of one of my favorite poems, Poe's "The Bells." I also like the switch in mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what an ending! I admire how the rhyming scheme and alliteration evoke a children's rhyme: something simple and sweet, so it's even more unexpected (and eerie) when the twist happens.

    ReplyDelete