Saturday, July 23, 2022

Zion's Blog Post

 Debris

I've been in and out of focus

I've been taking pictures

the camera starts to flicker

and I hope you don’t notice

that I'm an explosion


it’s a quick flash 

if you blink, you’d miss it

but don’t stare and find your safety 

shy your wide-eyed face gazing 


as long as you can, pose

stay crystalline in my mind 

cuz statues fold and photos mold


before it all comes crashing down

I will come crashing down.


maybe you would revel in your liberty 

because I'm an explosion

once it’s over, 

when there’s no more exposure 

once I'm done

would you keep my debris in your memory? 

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the line “cuz statues fold and photos mold”. It really adds to the emotion and forcefulness of the poem. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's impressive how this poem plays with the meaning of photographic terms: "I've been in and out of focus" and "when there's no more exposure." It conveys such a poignant and vulnerable emotional state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zion;
    I also love how this poem make use of Photographic Terms.I especially like the way in which the
    Poem challenges the reader to think about the transience of images whether they be photo graphic
    or even a statue, but that a memory could last much longer. I especially like the line which reads:
    "would you keep my debris in your memory"? What a powerful piece.

    ReplyDelete