Wednesday, August 2, 2017

A social change

A social change
By: Simone Daniels

I would like to be able to achieve world peace. While world peace is a long shot nothing is impossible. I think we need to start within ourselves and make the change. Senseless violence has become a major epidemic. I've noticed that a lot of kids my age like to be out in the streets and do what they think is "cool". I see people on social media flaunting guns, money, drugs, and sex. When did that become cool? When did being smart become "uncool"? We have to be the change we wish to see in this world. I would like to see an end to the violence. I want Philadelphia to go back to being the city of brother love instead of being the city of brotherly hate. We all are capable of change but we must be the change. 

5 comments:

  1. Inspiring words! How can we start to make this happen?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very inspiring words. Refreshing too. I hear people who are my age and older ask these same questions. Now I know that younger people are also asking. We should have learned by now that when one group tries to dictate or legislate answers, the answers usually aren't. This is a question that we need your generation to help us answer. I think forums like Project Write are taking the first step toward making it happen. Please don't stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When will you be old enough to run for office? You have my vote and I will go door to door for you. To read someone of your age expressing these feelings give someone my age hope for the future. We need to stop the killings. Why need to care about one another and help each other. We are a team, a family, a group of human beings living on this planet. Let us show each other respect as well as the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Simone;
    I found your piece to be very inspiring and I especially liked the final sentence:"We all are capable of change, but we must be the change". Where do we go from here?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Young people need to read this piece. How can you inspire change to your generation?

    ReplyDelete