Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Broken into a Ghost of I

Broken into a Ghost of I
By: Oliver Griffin

A thoughtless body, cemented to the ground
I
can't speak for in my words I drown
I
can't feel my heart give an everlasting POUND
for I,
I am not really I
I am not really I
If I were I then 
I
would have a purpose.

My soul, my expression, my emotion is lost
he
took it away, down a gully to be forever gone, no cost
he
let me beat myself down, to burn, 
where did I take a wrong turn
I'm at the point where I've lost care and concern
at the point of no return 
STOP.

My heart beats.
And then it doesn't.

6 comments:

  1. The imagery in this poem is excellent! It reminds me of something Poe would write. I wonder - what was your inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make great use of spacing and placement, especially when combined with your repetition of "I."

    ReplyDelete
  3. After reading you poem I feel sad. Your words tell a very sad story of something that has no hope. We all need hope in our lives. Beautiful writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very beautiful and solemn poem; the rhyming and spacing of "I" and "he" throughout most of the poem create a somber, forceful rhythm to the piece. The impact of the last two lines is profound. Excellent rhyming as well; I think the emotions and message conveyed in this poem is something many people can relate to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A thoughtful poem.. I would love for you to continue to write more... an example of how you turned this writing from a negative to a positive... the narrative turning point of I!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The use of rhyme and rhythm crates not only a visually beautiful poem, but a poem also fun to read.

    ReplyDelete