Monday, July 24, 2017

Metaphor

Metaphor
By: Henry Ziegler

The Peacock sits in his lavish nest,
Preening his feathers, grooming his crest,
Convincing himself that we all like his tail,
Which truthfully looks rather mangy and pale,

Though he rules all the birds, he often forgets,
That the same rules apply to him as the rest,
He may think that he's better, but still he remains,
Skittish of character, lacking of brains,

The Peacock still sits in his limited nest,
He may look to the right, but never the left,
He believes what he wants, to win he will cheat,
He sits low in his nest, as he 
tweet
tweet
tweet
tweets.

12 comments:

  1. Hi Henry, I really like to be surprised by a poem, and yours really did that for me. I got the metaphor right away, but when you put the tweet at the end, it just all fit together thematically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second stanza really sticks out to me as a reminder for us to look outside of ourselves and reflect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The repetition and placement of "tweet" at the end is powerful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I echo the sentiments of the first three commenters but I had to add my own heartfelt "well done"! I'd like to hear more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the rhyming scheme, so effective in mocking the peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The repetition at the end is very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Henry;
    I thought that your piece was very creative and I would like to read other metaphorical pieces that you have written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job. I get the message and agree with you. You are a wonderful writer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great imagery. I too like the repetition at the end which is not only rhetorically catchy- it is the key to understanding the metaphor- nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great stuff, and an on target commentary on today's issues

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the peackock analogy! Great writing!

    ReplyDelete