Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Carrie's Blog Post

 Everything Left Unsaid

I hope…

where do I even begin?

 

I hope you didn’t feel any pain,

that you just drifted away like a feather in the wind.

Gently floating.

 

I hope your back doesn’t ache anymore.

No more waking up at night because of the soreness.

No more PT exercises.

 

I hope you get to take walks again,

wandering through nature without a care in the world.

No bothersome trick knee.

 

I hope you still have your little garden.

Do you still grow herbs and fruits? Maybe you grow flowers now.

Your strawberries are still my favorite.

 

I hope you’ve found someone to read with.

They better appreciate how much you glow when immersed a good book.

I wish we read together more.

 

I hope you’re not afraid of dogs anymore.

That you’ve met a nice puppy up where you are who melted away the icy fear.

I bet you’ll love my future dog too.

 

I hope you don’t worry about us too much.

Dad won’t burn the chicken again and Mom doesn’t lose her temper as much.

Me? I’ll be fine, too.

 

I hope you’re proud;

even when I’m not the obedient, ladylike granddaughter most people want.

Then again, you were never like most people.

6 comments:

  1. Carrie- I want to tell you that your writing moved me and made me consider and reconsider the hopes I have for family members past. You have a delicately powerful way with words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought a tear to my eye. I especially liked the placement of the questions - "Do you still grow herbs and fruits?" and "Me? I'll be fine, too."

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the repition of the word hope and the title is powerful.
    -Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie,
    Your blog posts displays several characteristics that make the story more impactful and detailed. I very much enjoyed this because as I was reading your story it made me imagine the character's feelings and emotions, along with their thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This made me very emotional because I just lost my grandmother a couple weeks ago. The line "They better appreciate how much you glow when immersed a good book" is beautiful and made me think of all the good wishes I have for people I know I'll never see again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrie;
    I was very much effected by your blog post .I also recently experienced the loss of a loved one and
    When you state in the last Stanza,"I hope your Proud. Even when I`m not the obedient Ladylike granddaughter most people want. Then again you were never like most people." This was a powerful ending. great work!

    ReplyDelete