Thursday, July 22, 2021

Two-Sentence Scary Stories

Today, we took a virtual tour of the Edgar Allan Poe house, and taking Poe as our inspiration, crafted some 2-sentence scary stories to commemorate the creepiness of the original Master of American Literary Horror. Check out these tiny, terrifying tales by our Project Write authors!


Thomas

It was midnight and I was dressing up in my bathroom to prepare for my second shift. As I looked at the mirror, I didn't see me; rather, I saw someone else.

Youcef

I got a phone call from my hospital after getting bloodwork. My doctor was fired for reusing needles.

Betsy

Esmeralda was born with a gap between her ring and index finger, and a gap in her soul as well. Tonight, her mother leaves the house for a dinner party, a middle finger pinned in her long, elegant drapes of hair.

Linsay

I made pancakes for the kids before heading out to work this morning. My kids are with their dad this weekend though.

Serena

I always wake up from the lights beaming through my window. It would have been a great morning if it wasn't 2 a.m.

Ava

I passed a little girl playing on a beach while I was jogging in the morning. The same little girl whose picture was on the news after she was found drowned.

Carrie

"Please let me out," a soft voice whispered. It  came from the doll sitting on my shelf.

Nicole

Being the first person to reach the bottom of the ocean has its perks. Being the only one forgotten doesn't.

Roshini

I moved into a new apartment recently, but ever since I moved in my belongings, two of everything has appeared. Two toothbrushes, two sets of slippers, two knives . . . 

2 comments:

  1. These are so creepy! Nice work! I was especially creeped out by Betsy's and Roshini's stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Everyone;
    These are all very scary two sentence Stories.Each one was very effective.
    I would like to read more of them.

    ReplyDelete