Thursday, July 22, 2021

Project Write 2021 - Day 3 Mad Lib

 Today, we wrote a riff on Edgar Allan Poe's "Raven" - "Quoth the Mad Libs: Nevermore!"


Once upon a midnight creepy, while I pondered undead and weary,

Over a many mysterious and curious puppy of forgotten lore,

While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,

As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.

"'Tis some volleyball," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door -

Only skeleton and nothing more."

Ah, distinctly I was flowing it was in the bleak December,

And each separate dying grape wrought its ghost upon the keyboard.

Eagerly I wished the venom - vainly I had sought to borrow

From my flowers surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Morticia - 

For the rare and neon maiden whom the trains name Lenore - 

Exhausting here forevermore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment