Tuesday, July 27, 2021

Thomas' Blog Post #2

Butcherman’s Pride

Chop, Chop, Chop! The butcher knife working on meat, 
Readying up for the huge feast. 
Slashing and pounding through the flesh and bones. 
Within the cellular emitted moans. 

Chop, Chop, Chop! He begs and pleads, 
But I can't hear thee! 
Too busy slicing and dicing, 
For the people who were dining. 

Chop, Chop, Chop! His frightened face frozen in time 
The proportions were fantastic, I was in my prime 
The pan sizzles as I fry his remains 
People admired my fine work, I felt very vain. 

Chop, Chop, Chop! I readied up the brain 
Everyone so hungry they looked in pain, 
Food finally finished and ready to serve, 
People wildly chow down on what they deserved.

4 comments:

  1. Thomas;
    I found myself reading your blog post several times ,because, in reading your work it allowed my imagination travel in several directions. I especially love the line which reads "Within the cellular emitted moans". I love to read scary stories and this one is definitely scary. I think that the continued use of the refrain, Chop, Chop ,Chop! was very effective, and I could not help but wonder whether the final sentence " people wildly chow down on what they deserved" might suggest that they don`t know what they are actually eating. Please keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thomas,
    I enjoyed seeing how in depth you went in your blog post about certain details. I feel this can give people an opportunity to imagine their different perceptions of the imagery in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super creepy! I loved the repetition of "Chop, chop, chop!" The imagery and language in the first stanza really stood out to me. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This leaves me with so many questions. I'm so curious about what the diners have done to deserve this--do they know the people that they're about to eat? I thought the line "Everyone so hungry they looked in pain" was funny because they're obviously not the ones in most pain. But maybe that line is supposed to hint that they're so selfish they think their pain is worse than anyone else's, and they don't see what's right in front of them.

    My favorite stanza is the third one. There's such a contrast between the terror/horror of the butcher's victim and the butcher's wild glee.

    ReplyDelete