Tuesday, August 1, 2017

His Best Friend

His Best Friend
By: Jasmine Greene

Me: There is nothing more awkward for me than trying to talk to you.
I crumble and mumbled as if there were words I could think of to describe how I feel.
I try and we fail
You’re not helping me! I want us, you and I. Rejected
You push me away. Pushed and fell into a deep hole of depression. Empty and pitch black.
The only person there is I, thinking why? Why am I here? Because of him.
Why aren’t you here, with me? Because of I.
Does he even care about me?
Him: “Every time I see her I try to stand but my whole body shakes and trembles.
My eyes water, always on the verge of tears. But I can’t do anything, have nowhere to run, no one to talk to. No one to listen to what I have to say. I am lost.
Me: I’m here
Him: Like I said “no one to listen.”
Me: I’m here let me in nobody else in here but me! Just let me in no horror could scare me, no sadness can drown me.
Him: “Then I talk to her, the girl that’s is always with me.“
She’s “always asking I if I need help.”
Me: I am “Always asking him if he needs help.” “His friend.”
Him: My friend
Me: I finally see it.
Him: “It stabs at my eyes, a little crack of light that itself free.
She says something amazing. Only six words.”
Me: He “finally stands up and starts to walk. Nothing gets in the way.”
Him: “I had freed my demons.” Thank you.
Us: “After all, you’re my friend.”


Jasmine Greene and Aidan McCord Amaris

Thank you to my friend Aidan McCord Amaris for letting incorporate his poem “One Word” into my poem His Best Friend. Thank you again!

4 comments:

  1. I see you have a co-author! I am curious--what was your "incorporation" process?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend is a gift that we give ourselves. Cherish that gift and take good care of it. We have to work at being good friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great things happen when we openly listen and express our thoughts to one another!! Nice collaboration!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jasmine;
    I very much enjoyed reading your collaborative piece about friendship. What inspirec you to write this piece?

    ReplyDelete