Thursday, August 3, 2017

Jacob Pesendorfer

Jacob Pesendorfer
By: Kenya Chestnut

Jacob Pesendorfer was convicted of homicide and was sentenced to life imprisonment. He served twenty four years of his sentence before being pardoned. After being pardoned, Pesendorfer opened a woodworking shop in New Jersey. From his experiences in prison, he learned that prisoners should be given a second chance. He employed former prisoners at his woodworking shop.
        From Jacob Pesendorfer's Point of View

Right now I am in jail for killing someone. There is only one problem. I didn’t kill anybody. It’s been twenty four years and I am still here. I am probably one of the longest serving prisoners. Each day I wonder If I will ever get out of here. Unfortunately life can just be unfair. I still have hope that one day I will be set free from here to see my family. If I ever get out of here, I will open some type of business where I will employ former prisoners. My story shows that not all prisoners are guilty. I have learned here that not all prisoners are evil and that worthy prisoners should be given a second chance. Who knows? Maybe I will open a woodworking shop back home in New Jersey for former prisoners if I am ever pardoned.

4 comments:

  1. What was it like for you to try to take Jacob's perspective? Will you expand on this piece? I like that you imagine him as holding onto hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenya;
    I appreciate you giving us some background information about Inmate Pensendorfer and why he was sentenced to life in prison. In writing this story you shed some light on the reality of people who are serving time in prison for a crimes that they didn`t commit. Did Mr. Pensendorfer ever fulfill his dream?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kenya;
    I am sorry that I asked you the question about what became of Jacob Pensendorfer I noticed that you mentioned it during your introduction. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is the story of Jacob Pesendorfer:

    https://www.facebook.com/PhiladelphiaStoriesbyBobMcNulty/photos/a.186174461554152.1073741828.186170554887876/964428510395406/?type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete