Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Two-Sentence Scary Stories

We spent today exploring the Edgar Allan Poe house, and in tribute to the master of terror in literature, we engaged in an activity writing scary stories in just two sentences. Here are a few samples from today!


Lauren

I never go to sleep,
But I keep waking up

The bed was empty and the windows were wide open.
There she saw her child, dead and unconscious on the ground.

Emma

The mirror frowned back in disappointment.
This came as a surprise, because I was beaming in pride.

As the moon rose, I couldn't help but fear I had forgotten something.
As I slowly turned, I realized it was not a something, but a someone.

4 comments:

  1. How wonderfully creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, your first story is so thought-provoking! It's so intriguing that I can't stop wondering what it means. I'm picturing that the narrator keeps entering a new level of reality, like Inception.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, your first story is scary on more than one level! It's intimidating to think of your reflection as being judgmental. I'd never look in a mirror again! On the other hand, I wonder if the reflection is meant to represent the character's subconscious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can really see how these short stories came from being at the Edgar Allen Poe house because they are both scary. In both, I'm left wondering: what comes next?

    ReplyDelete