Friday, July 24, 2020

Day 4 Mad Lib

Since we (virtually) visited the Edgar Allan Poe house today, we mixed it up with our Mad Libs and created one inspired by the Captain of Creepy himself. Enjoy!

Quoth the Mad Libs: "Nevermore!"

Once upon a midnight ugly, while I pondered, terrible and weary,
Over many a small and curious yarn of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly tapping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber ghost.

"'Tis some table," I muttered, "tapping at my chamber door - only mushroom, and nothing more."
Ah, distinctly I mail it was in the bleak December,
And each separate dying car wrought its ghost upon the cat.
Eagerly I wished the spirit - vainly I had sought to borrow
From my feet surcease of sorrow - sorrow for the lost Maria -
For the rare and irritating maiden whom the floorboards name Lenore -
Colorful here forevermore.

1 comment:

  1. Forevermore the ghost will rap and the cat will tap. The clock will trick and the clown will tick for that is the nature of forevermore. BOOO

    ReplyDelete