Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Top

 Top 
Wow what a nice view from up here. Since I'm up here I can't mess with people down there. But they kept calling me to come back but I got to beware. So for a minute ima be down in that square. You in a house then boom, a slam through the door and the cops saying put your hands up. To leave them people down there I wasn't man enough. Thought to myself I was so up. Now it's on me, I acted up. Breaking news, Breaking news a man that had a good future has fallen down. Was it worth it because look we're we at now. You were about to have a great future now. It just water from the drain it goes down. Since you up you are the main focus. You hot in the media like a dragon with halitosis. Now when you wonder did you want this type of notice. So now it's on you because your dumb a*% choose it. 

- Heek Trill
(Shyheed Osbey)

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's me? I keep finding common threads in these incredible posts. I absolutely love the way Sarah captured the "life or death" drama that happens in an ER. In a matter of minutes, decisions are made and lives are saved, or lost. I can't help but think that that same adrenaline fueled type of drama happened when the main character in Shyheed's story heard the "boom". In seconds, forget about minutes, the character had to make decisions that this time cost a life. The same hormone (did I get that right Sarah?) fuels and sharpens the skill of the doctor while it causes the character in Top to make a wrong fight or flight decision in his life. (Shyheed, I wasn't really sure if I interpreted your story correctly. I read it several times and that was the message I came away with. PLEASE tell me if I mis-read your story.) I also wonder what I (we) would be feeling if Dr. Robbins lost one or both of the lives. There are so many parallels between the two stories and I could go on, but I'd rather hear from the authors. Let me know if I'm on the right track or way off.

    I wanted to bring one other post into this discussion. Sofie's "Moments Pass" is also a very powerful post. I could feel the main character's sense of loss and despair. I was trying to yell out to the character and say NO DON'T DO IT and IT WILL GET BETTER. Then I couldn't help but think what if someone gets Sofie's character to Dr. Robbins. Lives. Lives saved and lives lost. Sometimes it all hangs on a decision, an action or an interaction.

    To all of the authors: BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this line: "Breaking news, Breaking news a man that had a good future has fallen down." Powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shyheed, I must say that you are a master in describing the intensity of life and how important it is to make the right choices. What was most effective to me was the part were you write" was it worth it ,because look were we are at now. You were about to have a great future now, it`s just water from the drain going down. Powerful piece. Please keep writing!

    ReplyDelete