Saturday, July 22, 2023

Blog post by Emily Zheng

My hamster, Nana, wasn’t in her cage. 

“Nana, where are you?” I yelled. It was dead at night and nobody in my apartment complex was awake. What if Nana got kidnapped? I turned on my flashlight and kept looking around the house. 


Once I opened the door to the bathroom, I heard a squeaking noise coming from the bathtub. I pushed the curtains away and there Nana was, jumping and scratching along the walls of the bathtub. 


“Oh my GOD NANA! HOW DID YOU GET HERE?!”


It seemed my neighbors woke up, because after I yelled at my hamster, I heard faint shouting outside my window. 


“Shut up, we’re trying to sleep!”


“‘Kay, Sorry!”

4 comments:

  1. I want to know more about this story! How did the hamster get into the bathtub? Was this an attempted hamster abduction that went awry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ranger Renee, this leaves me with so many questions! You create such an uneasy atmosphere in the opening lines--it's "dead at night" and no one is awake. I was bracing myself for a really creepy situation, or something sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, what a story. I must concur with Ranger Renee and Celeste. This Story raises a number of questions. Although I am pleased that the narrator was able to locate her missing Hamster,the question is how did the Hamster end up in the Bathtub, and the fact that everyone in the Apartment was asleep. Please, keep writing!

      Delete
  3. You had my attention right from the beginning! How did the Hamster wind up in the tub?

    ReplyDelete